Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Morning

I live between 3 churches. There is one across the street, another up above our house, and the last is down the street. Right now the street is lined with cars of people attending services. I haven't been for a couple of years, but I might head to the Mission after Easter. The Mission is about 2 miles from my house. I like it there. It's 200 years old, and it's one of the most peaceful places that I've ever been.

Today I'm hunting for pictures for locations for the novel that I've been working on. It's funny when I was RPing Vampire the Masquerade, I'd go through magazines and cut pictures of what my characters' homes looked like. It never occurred to me to do the same for my novels. I suppose I did it with Dead Man's Hand, since I did epic amounts of research on 1906, San Francisco and the Earthquake, but it never dawned on me to do it with the Prenup From Hell.

Prenup is set about a dozen years in the future. It's fun because I get to invent tech for the boys to use, and I'm not tied down by historical restraints like I was with DMH. And I love creating the mythology of the creatures in my setting, but my descriptions of the interior of Des and Nick's penthouse always felt flat. I'm hoping that having pictures to inspire me will help.




No comments:

Post a Comment